The Southeastern Psychological Association (SEPA) aims to provide a harrassment-free meeting experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or nationality. We do not tolerate harassment, in any form, of meeting participants including SEPA staff and volunteers, and also hotel employees.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive or hostile verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or nationality
- Sexual images not intended for research or scholarly purposes
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior
We expect participants to follow these rules at all meeting venues and meeting-related social activities.
** – this Code of Professional Conduct was adpated with permission from the Western Psychological Association.